Friday, June 30, 2006

Fish are Friends not Food. Well...

It's official. My five years of vegetarianism are over. To the left is a picture of me chomping into a burger at Maxi's while in town with Becca and Alicia. It didn't taste great.

Why am I eating meat? My diet in the village consists of yogurt and muesli for breakfast, peanut butter and jelly with apples for lunch, pap (hard mealie porridge) with potatoes for dinner. Where's the variety? The iron? Plus, I've noticed that I get really tired and kinda cranky after exercising (especially after riding that evil contraption some people call a bicycle) and that's not normal for me.

In the end, I just want to be healthy. But I don't think I'll be enjoying meat any time soon.

3 Comments:

Blogger Semplice said...

Nice blog! I like it. I'm still vegetarian...

9:43 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Thanks! Congrats on staying a veg. Being a vegetarian works so differently depending on the site and where you are in South Africa, I really wish I could have remained one.

10:55 AM  
Blogger Flea said...

Is the Whimpy still up and running in SA? I use to quite like their burgers.
Glad to see your posting agian.

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home