Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Permanent site and address


I'm currently at the site where I will be serving the next two years. I'll be working with two seperate villages under the same chief, Shongoane 2 and Shongoane 3. There is another volunteer, Kelsey, serving in Shongoane 1. On the map to the right, I'm 50 km to the west of Lephalale on the road shown. I opened a post office box in Lephalale, and it should get extremely dependable mail service to it. I asked about weight limits on packages, and it's 30 kg. My address is. . .

Melissa Leedle
PO Box 737
Lephalale 0555
South Africa

The Pretoria address will work for as long as I'm a Peace Corps volunteer in South Africa, but I will get the mail more frequently from the above address.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that a national park near Waterburg?

5:57 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Yes, the green area is a national park but I'm not close to it. The area that I'm staying hardly gets any rain, is very warm, and very flat. I can see mountains off in the distance but the landscape looks the same. Once you leave the villages there are miles upon miles of fenced in Afrikaaner game farms which I cannot access. I will probably visit other PCVs that live in pretty areas in order to see greenery! There are PVCs staitioned all along Kruger National Park.

12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah! You can get mail/packages...anything that you think you'll specifically need/want? I don't know what you can easily access, so anything you want (even if it's something like toliet paper!) post a comment and let me know!

1:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home